As 2018 is coming to a close (so crazy to think about…), we wanted to recap some of our favorites of 2018! For this post, we are listing out our favorite flowers to use this year for weddings. Some of them we discovered this year and will always use them! Some were in line with a lot of the color schemes we did this year. And some of them we have always loved + will love forever haha.
Bridesmaid: We’re starting with one we discovered by accident when our wholesaler subbed quicksand! As many of you know, quicksand is a fav of us and almost every other florist in the world. It’s seriously an amazing flower! But we discovered the Bridesmaid rose and love it almost equally as much. It’s a little frillier and slightly more blush than quicksand and a perfect addition to any color palette.
2. Cappuccino: This next one is one we already loved, but fell in love even more this year. It’s the perfect brown/pink color to bridge any red or burgundy and whites so that it doesn’t seem too christmas or valentines day. We usually take the reddish petals off the outside and peel back the petals so that it’s beautifully ruffled and lush!
3. Metallina: Apparently we just really loved the neutral roses this year because our next one is a brilliant taupe color from Peterkort Roses: Metallina rose. It’s seriously the cutest, most perfect neutral mini rose that everyone should use! Or maybe not so that we can use them all. ;)
4. La Belle Epoque: We really loved tulips this year at our April workshop. We got to use so many beautiful ones from Tangled Roots + our favorite was La Belle Epoque! It’s an amazing golden color and can also be slightly mauve depending.
5. Kangaroo Paw: Next is one of our favorites to use when we need a brick red texture. It’s so interesting to see this flower next to a romantic rose + we feel like it’s the perfect wild/modern touch. It’s also a really awesome color.
6. Koko Loko Rose: Ummmmm yes please, this garden rose will always be a favorite for mauve colored palates. It’s just magical!
7. Sweet Mustard Rose: This subtle yellow rose is just the sweetest. It’s warm color is inviting and exciting and it’s the perfect addition to any sunset inspired palette.
8. Honey Dijon Rose: Also another yellow toned rose that is just to die for. This one is a garden rose so it’s a little more spend than the previous one, but totally worth it for that bridal!
9. Brown lisianthus: For this flower, our favorite thing to do is open it’s petals (also called refluxing) to show it’s beautiful brown/mauve color. We usually take out the yellow part when we do this. But it adds so much whimsy and lightness to an arrangement!
10. Tuberrose: This is such an interesting flower! And it’s beautiful and romantic with roses, the perfect texture to go along with them. It’s funky but not too much for a more organic, romantic design.
11. Anthurium: It’s the perfect tropical but trendy twist to any arrangement. It’s not too over the top and comes in the BEST colors.
12. Pale Coral Sweet Pea: Uhhhhhh, yes pease. It’s hard to get, but when you can DO IT. It’s magical. It’s so fully and full, but also dainty and light. And sweet pea in general comes in the best colors!
13. Copper Orchid: This little guy (or not so little guy) is also a fun tropical inspired touch plus it adds a nice larger texture that isn’t a rose. This color is perfect for peachy/orange palettes.
14. Secret Garden Rose: This is the mother of all roses!! It’s huge and has a beautiful pale lavender/mauve tone. If you have any large installs, definitely use it.
15. Smokebush: One of our favorite designs this year used smokebush and we are slightly obsessed. We’re definitely not down with it for next year!
Thank you guys for hanging out with us! We’re just a couple of Portland wedding florists who are into creating for wild and romantic love stories. Let us know if you loved this post + if you want to see more like it!
Love, Josie and Tay